Who can use this feature?
Running a coupon promotion can help you build your business in a variety of ways:
- Rewarding client loyalty
- Promoting a service or product
- Attracting new clients
Pike13 gives you the tools to create coupons and run coupon promotions for a limited or unlimited time that give your clients a discount while you achieve your goals.
Coupon discounts can be applied to any monthly and prepaid plans, single-visit and prepaid passes, course registration, and merchandise in your Pike13 business. A coupon discount does not apply to an invoice total, it applies to an eligible item up to the limit of redemptions that you allow for that coupon in the timeframe you have set. When a client redeems it, the coupon discounts the original or manually adjusted price of an item before any other discounts, credits, proration, and taxes.
Creating a coupon
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, and then tap Coupons.
- On the Coupons page, tap + New Coupon.
- On the New Coupon page, enter a name for the coupon
- Add a coupon code (using ALL CAPs and numbers without spaces) that has not been used for any other coupon in your Pike13 business.
- Specify how the discount is calculated and the amount of the discount.
- Choose each item that is eligible for the discount. This is a search bar, so if you do not see the item appear, start typing in the name.
- Choose whether to start the coupon promotion immediately upon saving or on a later date.
- Set the end date if applicable.
- Choose whether to limit total uses of the coupon at your business.
- Choose whether to limit uses per client.
Creating Coupon Codes.
To differentiate each coupon code, you may wish to use an attribute like the date of the promotion. Example: COUPONNAMEMAY2015
Coupons are not supported in the Client or Branded App
Coupons cannot be applied when making a purchase via the Client or Branded App. To use a coupon, clients will need to login to Pike13 via a mobile browser or on the desktop.
Editing a coupon
- At the top of any Pike13 page, choose Settings and click on Coupons.
- On the Coupons page, go to the tab that corresponds to the current status of the promotion that you wish to edit:
- Active tab lists promotions that are currently running.
- Upcoming tab shows promotions that start on a future date.
- Ended tab lists promotions with end dates in the past.
- Select the coupon that you wish to review or change.
- To review or change coupon name, discount amount, eligible items, start and end dates, or usage limits, click Edit next to the item that you wish to change.
- To save changes, click Update.
Updating Usage Limits
Pike13 will not let you set a usage limit lower than the total uses. When reducing usage limits be sure to take into account uses that have occurred prior to making the change.
Editing the Coupon Code
Once you have created the coupon, Pike13 stores this unique code in our database. The coupon code cannot be edited. If you wish to create a new code, you will need to create a new coupon.
Deleting a coupon
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Settings, and then choose Coupons.
- On the Coupons page, select the name of the coupon promotion you wish to delete
- If the promotion is currently running, click End Coupon Promotion.
- Select Delete.
- Deleting a coupon will remove it from your list of coupons but it will still appear in the Invoice items reports.
Reporting on coupon usage
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Reporting
- In the right menu, select Financials.
- Choose the Invoice items report.
Do any of the following:
- To see invoice items by coupon code, in the Invoice items report choose Invoice items grouped by Coupon code
- To see the sale history of all of your coupon promotions, click the Details button, add a filter for "Coupon code not empty," and then click Finish
- To see the sale history of a specific coupon promotion, click the Details button, add a filter for "Coupon code" "is" enter the coupon code you want to filter by, and then click Finish
TipThe Coupon discounts column shows the amount the coupon discounted from the gross price of the invoice item.