Who can use this feature?
Pike13 allows businesses to enter 2 waivers, an adult waiver and a guardian waiver. The adult waiver will be required to be signed by all clients over the age of majority (default is 18). The guardian waiver will be required to be signed by the account manager for a dependent who is under the age of majority ( under the default age of 18). Clients must sign the applicable waiver before they can enroll in services or make purchases. Please note, non-clients will not be required to sign a waiver for themselves.
In this article
Creating an online waiver
- Go to Settings > Documents
- Choose the waiver you want to create (Waiver or Guardian Waiver) by selecting New
- You will be prompted to enter a name for the document.
- Enter the text of the document and any placeholders (auto populated custom fields) in the Body.
- To insert a placeholder, place your cursor in the body text where you want to insert the placeholder, and then from the Insert a placeholder drop-down select the custom field that you want to insert.
- If you create an online document using text from a document created in a word processing program, be sure to first save it as text only to strip out text formatting and extra spaces (or "carriage returns") between paragraphs before pasting into the body of your online document.
- To finish, select Save.
- To see what clients see, select View.
Requiring a birthdate for dependents.
Without a birthdate, Pike13 must assume the dependent is over 18 and will treat them as such for client fields such as requiring an email address as well as signing waivers and terms & conditions
Creating multiple waivers.
You can only create one adult waiver and one guardian waiver. If you wish, you can create additional documents as miscellaneous documents. Unlike waivers, miscellaneous documents must be sent directly to a client for signature.
Creating a new placeholder
You can create a new placeholder (auto-populated field) by creating a custom client field. You will need to make sure that you allow this field to be used in online documents. That field will be added to the list of available placeholders when creating documents.
When clients complete the field in their profile, their information will be automatically displayed in the document. If the custom field is only used for document and does not appear in their profile, clients will be prompted to complete the field prior to signing the document.
Clients cannot type or add information within the waiver
Clients cannot edit the waiver or fill in the blanks within a waiver. If you wish to collect additional information, you will need to create a custom field that clients complete prior to signing the waiver. If you add a check box to the waiver, clients must agree to every checkbox.
Editing an existing online document
- Go to Settings > Documents
- Select View next to the document you want to edit.
- Select Edit
- Make your changes, select Save.
Resigning an updated waiver.
If you wish to have all of your new and existing clients sign an updated waiver, the existing waiver would need to be deleted, and a new one created. If you simply edit an existing waiver, only new clients will be required to sign the updated waiver during sign up.
Deleting the current waiver does not remove the previous waiver from showing when going to a Client and selecting Signed Documents. Previously signed documents will still show in that section. Deleting the waiver will reset the status to not having signed a waiver and will ask them to sign the new waiver.
Copying and Pasting Waivers.
If you copy a waiver that has placeholders, delete the waiver then paste it in again, the placeholders will not be added. Placeholders cannot be copied and pasted in. The placeholders must be selected from the dropdown menu and added in to the new waiver.