Who can use this feature?
In Pike13, you can set a specific date of the month when payments are due for your monthly plans. If you set a specific billing date, the first invoice will be automatically prorated based on the number of days between the start date of the plan and the next billing date. For example, if the recurring plan is set to always bill on the first of the month and sell your monthly plan on the 20th, Pike13 automatically prorates the first bill based on the number of days between the 20th and the end of the month to the nearest whole number.
If your business handles prorating differently, staff can manually override the prorated amount during checkout. When clients purchase this plan with a designated billing date from their account, the first bill will be automatically prorated and clients cannot adjust their bill.
Manually override the prorated monthly payment at checkout
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Clients.
- On the Clients page, select the name of the client you want to sell the plan to, and then in the right menu of the client profile page click the New Purchase button.
- On the Choose a product page, select the recurring plan your client wants to purchase.
- In the shopping cart, click Modify
- Under First Invoice Adjustment, click Edit.
- If you do not wish to prorate the first bill select No.
- If you wish to change the prorated amount, select Yes and enter amount you wish to subtract from the first bill.
- After adjusting the proration, click Save.
- To complete the purchase, click Back to Shopping Cart, and then select Secure Checkout.