In Pike13, clients can always cancel a scheduled appointment or class enrollment. Within each service a business can set a cancellation policy that when a client cancels within a designated period of time, the client will be marked as a "Late Cancel" and the client can be charged a fee or have a visit deducted for canceling late.
In this article
Setting a cancellation policy
- Click on Settings at the top of any page.
- Select Services.
- Click on the service you wish to add or update the cancellation policy.
- Choose the Cancellation tab.
- Set a Deadline for free cancellation
- Select No if there is no penalty for canceling or no shows.
- Select Yes if you wish to charge a fee and/or deduct a visit when a client cancels within the set cancellation period. Then, designate how many hours before their scheduled session a client can cancel without penalty.
- When a client cancels before the time set in your cancellation policy, they will be removed from the class roster or their appointment will be removed from the schedule.
- If the clients cancel after the cancellation period, they will not be removed from the appointment or class but will appear as a "Late Cancel" in the roster.
Configuring the cancellation policy
When you select to charge for cancellation, you can then decide if a client who late cancels or no shows will be charged a fee and/or have a visit deducted. Below are examples of ways to configure your cancellation policy.
- Charge a set fee only
Staff will have the option to charge a client the set cancellation fee but not deduct a visit.
- Deduct a visit only
A visit will be automatically deducted from their active pass or plan.
- Charge a fee and deduct a visit
Staff will have to choose whether to charge a fee or deduct a visit when a client late cancels or no shows.
- Do not charge a fee nor deduct a visit
Since there is no penalty for canceling, the client will not be marked as a late cancel. When they cancel an appointment it will be removed from the schedule and when canceling a class they will be removed from the roster.
Set cancellation fee to allow make-ups.
If you wish to allow staff members to be able to issue a make-up passes for late cancels or no shows, your cancellation fee must be set up to NOT allow a fee to be charged and only allow a visit to be deducted from their current pass or plan.
Cancellation Fee is set for $0 and a visit cannot be deducted.
If the cancellation fee is set to charge $0 and a visit cannot be deducted, there is no penalty for canceling. Since there is no penalty, clients will not be marked as a late cancel. When they cancel, the client will always be removed from the class roster or the booked appointment will be removed from the schedule.