Who can use this feature?
You can refund and void purchases if you have owner or manager permissions in your Pike13 business. When refunding, you can choose to refund to the client’s account that provided the funds, as cash, or to the client’s account as credit to be used with another purchase later in your Pike13 business.
When to void? When to refund?
Voiding is typically available within the same day the sale was processed. Pike13 shows the option to void as well as to refund for all forms of payment. If a credit card is used, the funds will not be withdrawn from the account. If payment has been made outside the voiding window, you can only process a refund. Voiding also is not an option if the merchant processor does not support voids.
When you choose to void or refund a bill, Pike13 gives the option to cancel the plan/pass/course by asking, Want to cancel any plans or passes associated with this void?. If you choose to cancel the item they purchased, you will need to resell it.
Void a purchase
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Clients
- Choose a client
- On the client’s profile under History, choose Bills
- Find the invoice that you want to void, and then select Void
Refund a purchase
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Clients.
- Find and click the name of the client to be refunded.
- On the client’s profile under History, choose Bills.
- Find the invoice that you want to refund, and then click Refund Payment.
- For any item you want to refund, click Add Refund, and then enter the amount to be refunded.
- Under Refund to, choose whether you want to refund as account credit, as cash, or to the account from which the funds originated, if appropriate.
- Click to check or clear Want to cancel any plans or passes associated with this refund?
- Click Process Refund