Who can use this feature?
Purchase requests are a suggestion from a staff member to a client to make a purchase. They’re neither an invoice for a required payment for services performed nor a transactional charge like a hold fee. The client who receives a purchase request doesn’t have to pay for the item and can decline the fee.
A purchase request is useful when you want to put something in your client's shopping cart and send them an email asking them to pay for it. The amount of the purchase request is set when you send it, not when it's paid—that is, the amount isn't prorated based on date of payment.
The client receives an email with the purchase request message and a link to open your Pike13 site to accept or decline the purchase request. If the client declines the purchase request, they’re asked the reason for declining it. Unless the notification has been turned off, the staff member that originated the purchase request is notified when the client accepts or declines the request. When a client declines a purchase request, the bill for the item is closed and negated.
Clients can just leave purchase requests open and unpaid without declining them, however. In that case, rather than resend a purchase request, cancel it and send a new one. Because purchase requests don’t expire, it’s important to keep track of outstanding purchase requests. You can use the Invoices report in New Reporting for that.
In this article
Send a purchase request
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Clients.
- Search for the name of the client you want to sell the plan, pass, course, or merchandise to
- Click the New Purchase button
- On the page, select the plan, pass, course, or merchandise your client wishes to purchase
- If you want to modify the item, do the following:
- Select Modify , choose Edit for the item that you want to change, make the changes that you want, and then click Save.
- When you’re finished making modifications, choose Back to Shopping Cart
Resending a Purchase Request
A purchase request cannot be resent. To send the link again, you could go to your client's past emails, copy the link from the initial email, and send them the link again. The other option is to delete the current purchase request and create a new one.
Cancel a purchase request
- At the top of any Pike13 page click Clients
- Search for and select the client.
- Click on the Purchase Request displayed on the client's dashboard.
- Select Cancel Purchase Request
- Choose whether or not you want to email the client the cancellation notice
- If you select Yes, you will be required to add a comment to the email
Find all outstanding purchase requests
- At the top of any Pike13 page select Analytics & Reporting
- Choose Financials
- Select Invoices or the Invoice Items report
- Select Details then Filters
- Create a filter for purchase requests by selecting Invoice Status from the first dropdown, is from the second, and Purchase Request from the third.
- To see if a purchase request is Open, Purchased, Declined, Expired or Canceled, check the Purchase Request State column