Who can use this feature?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google, where advertisers bid to display brief advertisements, service offerings, product listings, or videos to web users. Pike13 offers an integration with Google Ads and conversion trackings using the events sent to Google Analytics.
If you want to enable this feature, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include your Google Ads Global Site Tag Conversion ID
In this article
- Create a Google Ads Account and add the tracking code to your marketing website.
- Set up Cross-domain tracking in Google Analytics so we can track traffic across your marketing website and your Pike13 site. Remember you also need to set this up on your marketing website.
- Set up goals using events for conversion tracking.
Install Google Ads Tracking ID
Please email us your Google Ads Global Site Tag Conversion ID and we will embed the tracking code on your Pike13 site. You still need to embed it into your marketing website. To find the global conversion ID, follow the steps below:
- Tools & Settings -> Audience manager
- Click on Audience sources -> Under Google Ads tag, click on "DETAILS"
- Under the Tag setup section, click on "Install the tag yourself"
- Move to the code snippets section, and grab the ID from the code.
Link Google Ads with Google Analytics
Follow the documentation on Google to link your Google Ads account and Google Analytics account.
For custom conversion events, we only support the 4 events we send to Google Analytics. We don't support custom conversion tags through Google Ads.
The 4 events are
- Person Signed Up - "Event Label" is the subdomain
- Person Signed In - "Event Label" is the subdomain
- Enrollment - "Event Label" is the subdomain and service name split by "|"
- Purchase - "Event Label" is the invoice id and "Event Value" is the invoice total amount rounded to an integer
Once you set them as Goals in Google Analytics, you can import them into Google Ads as conversions.
You can follow the steps in Google documentation to import Goals from Google Analytics and set them as conversions.
Once you set them up, you can find them in your Conversion actions.
Set Up Ads and Test
A common use case - when a client clicks on an Ad, he/she would be directed to a landing page on your marketing website. On the marketing website, the client will be driven to sign up for an account, make a purchase, or enroll in a class.
Once you set up your ads and let them run for a bit, you can double-check and see if there are any actions and conversions on those ads. It may take a couple of days for some client data to finally show up.
Support for Google Ads is beyond the scope of Pike13. For more information visit the Google Ads Support Page