Who can use this feature?
- More information about Pike13 Plans and Roles
Sometimes clients use your services more than they planned, sometimes less. In either case, a different plan than the one they currently hold might better serve their needs. You can quickly and easily switch out your client’s monthly membership for another when they want to upgrade or downgrade their monthly plan.
In this article
Replace a client’s plan with another immediately
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Clients and select their name from the list.
- On the client’s dashboard, under Plans & Passes> click the current plan you wish to change.
- On the plan details page click Change to Different Plan.
- On the Choose New Monthly Plan page, select the replacement plan.
- On the Confirm New Monthly Plan page, choose the billing date for the new plan, and then click Confirm.
- To add a discount to the new plan, on the Shopping Cart page, click Modify> to the left of the new plan name, choose Add Discount, choose the discount options you want, click Update, and then click Shopping Cart.
- On the Shopping Cart page, click Check Out & Confirm.
- On the Billing Information page, click Secure Checkout.
How Pike13 calculates a change in price when choosing to replace a plan immediately
When replacing a plan with a less expensive plan, the unused value of the current plan is deducted from the price of the new plan. For example, a plan that is worth $100 per month and is canceled halfway through the month of March with $55 of value remaining would deduct the remaining $55 from the price of the new plan.
If any unused value remains from the old plan after paying for the new plan in full, the remainder is shown on the Shopping Cart page under the discounted amount. To return the remainder to the client, the staff member conducting the transaction needs to issue an additional partial refund on the previous plan's last invoice.
If payment for the client’s current plan is overdue, Pike13 can’t properly calculate the difference between the current and future plans. All of the plan’s scheduled payments to date on the plan’s Bills page need to be reconciled before a client can exchange the current plan for a new one.
Set one plan to replace another on a future date
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Clients, and then in the Clients list select the name of the client whose plan you want to replace.
- In the client’s dashboard, under Plans & Passes click the plan you want to change, and then on the Details page click Set End Date.
- Under Last day of Plan, set the last day at the end of which you want the current plan to expire, and then click Confirm.
- To return to the client’s profile, select the Back Arrow button in the upper left corner to the left of the current plan’s name.
- To choose the replacement plan, in the right menu click the New Purchase button.
- Click the plan that you want to replace the current plan with, and then select Add to Cart.
- On the Shopping Cart page, click Modify to the left of the new plan name.
- To set the start date for the plan, on the plan details page click Edit for the plan’s start date and first payment date, and do the following:
- Under When does the plan start? , set the date for the day after the end date that you scheduled for the client’s current plan.
- Under When is the first payment due?, choose First payment is due on the membership’s start date.
- Under When is the second payment due?, set the day of the month when you want the plan to regularly bill the client’s account automatically each month.
- Click Save.