Unexpected or extended closures are tough to deal with as a business owner. But reopening your doors will happen and it is important to ensure your Pike13 site is all set and ready to help welcome your members on the first day back.
COVID-19 has hit everyone and it is important to ensure that your business is in full compliance with local regulations as you reopen your business. For more information and resources, go to our blog post.
In this article
- Update Your Schedule
- Set Class Capacity
- Support Virtual Classes/Appointments
- Remove Holds from Memberships
Update Your Schedule
You have been closed for a while and you may need to adjust how often classes are held, appointment availability for your staff, or add some other special events to welcome clients back. Take a look at your schedule and assess what needs to be removed, added or updated prior to making changes.
Cancel Class Times
- Go to Schedule
- Search for the class or course that you want to remove from your offerings
- Select the gear button for that time, and then choose Cancel
- Do one of the following:
- To cancel only the time you chose, choose Cancel this instance only
- To cancel all remaining times, choose Cancel this and all future instances
Change Class Times
- Go to Schedule
- Search for the class or course that you want to change
- Select the gear button for that time
- Select Change Schedule or Instructor
- Choose either Change this and all future instances or Change this instance only
- Select Continue
- Make the necessary changes to location, start date, start time, end time and instructor
- If applicable, specify if those clients who are already enrolled should be emailed about the change and whether to remove the class from the calendar after cancellation
- Click Save
Review Staff Availability
It is important to ensure all availability listed is accurate. You may have new staff members or you may need to restrict how many staff members can be available at one time.
- To assess who is available each day, go to the Schedule
- Choose the Day view
- Go to the gear button and change your filter to show active staff only
- Review each day and make notes so you know who to add, change or cancel
Update or Delete Availability
- Go to Staff
- Select the staff member you need to update
- Select Appointment Availability
- Select Edit or Delete if they have availability
- Make the necessary changes if editing and select Save
Set Class Capacity
You may need to update the capacity for your classes or courses before reopening to account for regulatory requirements or equipment. This is easy to do, but you will need to do it for each class or course service you offer upon opening your doors.
- Go to Settings - Services
- Select the service you need to change the capacity for
- Choose the Details tab
- Click Edit next to Capacity
- Update your max capacity and select Save
Support Virtual Classes/Appointments
You may find that your clients aren't quite ready to return in full or that due to continued restrictions and limitations in capacity, you want to continue with a hybrid model of in person and virtual classes and appointments. Below are some ways to help your clients quickly identify what is still offered virtually.
Use Service Categories
If you aren't currently using or familiar with service categories, these are a great way to differentiate your services and separate them in your client website.
- Go to Settings - Services
- Select Manage Service Categories
- Create a new service categories by selecting + New
- Create a category name your clients will understand
- Add a Summary that will appear if you list your service categories
- Add a Full Description that your clients will see when they view all services in your service category
- Select the services that are tied to that category
Create New Client Facing Tabs
You can direct your clients to a list of services based on the service category you assign them to. If you are offering a hybrid model of in person and online options, you may want to highlight those offerings in their own tabs so your clients know exactly what type of service they are signing up for.
- Go to Settings - Pike13 Website
- Select the Navigation tab
- Click +Create a New Page
- Enter the title of that page and link it to a specific service category
- Choose the correct category and select Save
Create Specific Widgets
Widgets can be created with multiple services, so it would be easy to have one for your virtual classes and one for your in person classes. Your clients and new comers can see whether they are enrolling into a studio class or virtual class directly from your marketing page.
- Go to Settings - Apps & Add Ons
- Select Embeddable Widgets
- Choose Schedule for Classes or Appointments
- Choose the date range you want to show
- Select the location (you can create a separate location in Advanced Settings)
- Choose the service(s) you want to show in the widget
- If only one staff member should show, add them
- Choose whether a new page should open up
- Confirm the widget color
- Select Continue
- Copy the code and place in your marketing site
Embeddable widgets are an included feature of the Pike13 Pro plan. For more information on widgets, you can view the full help topic here.
Remove Holds from Memberships
There are a couple different options for removing holds after an extended closure. If it is due to a scheduled break and your members are all set to return without question, you can have your holds removed in bulk. If your business was closed unexpectedly due to a disaster or forced closure, you may want to remove plans as your members return.
Remove Holds in Bulk
Submit a request in writing to email@example.com with what plans you want removed from hold. To ensure we complete your request on time, we ask that you send us the request 5 days in advance if possible. We can set plan hold end dates for future dates only, so it is very important that we know in advance. You can see what plans are currently on hold in reporting.
- Go to Reporting
- Select Clients & Staff
- Under Clients Passes & Plans you will see a quick view
Remove Holds One-by-one
- Go to Clients
- Search for and select the person coming off hold
- Select the plan on hold
- Select Remove Hold