Who can use this feature?
When you discover duplicate client entries in your Pike13 client list, you can merge the profiles of two clients if you have owner or manager permissions in your Pike13 business.
In this article
- Difference between a client profile and a client account
- The info that merging combines
- Merging two client profiles
Difference between a client profile and a client account
After you create a client profile for a new client in your Pike13 business, the client receives your welcome email. When the client clicks the link in your welcome email and signs in to your Pike13 business, Pike13 creates a client account using the email address and password that the client specifies when signing in for the first time.
The email address they use for their client account is used for signing in to their Pike13 account and can be different than the one specified in the client profile. Any notifications from your Pike13 business are sent to the email address they specify in their client profile. They can change the email addresses used in client account and client profile anytime.
The info that merging combines
The following profile information is combined when merging two client accounts:
- Contact information
- Guardian contact information
- Custom client fields
- Stored forms of payment
- Visit history
- Past purchases
- Signed documents
Merge two client profiles
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Clients.
- Choose the first client profile you wish to merge.
- On the right under Advanced Actions, click Merge This Person.
- Choose the second client that you wish to merge.
- If any conflicts are found, Pike13 asks you to resolve them manually.
- When you're finished, click Complete This Merge.
Contact Email different from Account Email
In any client account, the contact email address might differ from the account email address that the client uses for signing in. When the contact email addresses are different in the two client profiles that you merge, you can choose the contact email address that you want to use during the merge.
If the account email addresses are different in the two client profiles, Pike13 keeps the login email of the profile that the merge was initiated from.