Who can use this feature?
If you are on the Pike13 Pro Plan, you can use Mailchimp with your Pike13 business. A separate free or paid subscription with Mailchimp is required to begin using Mailchimp with Pike13.
In this article
About Mailchimp Audiences, API keys, and Pike13
You can integrate your Mailchimp account with your Pike13 business to manage your email campaigns. After you have set up the integration, Pike13 will push everyone with an email address to your selected Mailchimp Audience. Dependents without email addresses will not appear in Mailchimp.
Within Mailchimp, you can send emails to your audience or to a segmented group. Like Mailchimp, we recommend that you create one audience for all your subscribers and then divide it into segments based on their interests. For more information, review these articles in Mailchimp: Create a new audience group and Getting started with segments. You will want to use their help center for any questions related to Mailchimp functionality.
Pike13 connects to Mailchimp through an API key from Mailchimp, but you first need to have a Mailchimp account and create an audience.
Create an audience in Mailchimp
- Log in to Mailchimp or create an account if you don't have one. You can do this through https://login.mailchimp.com/signup.
- In Mailchimp, create an audience. You can import your subscribers into the list and create segments now or later.
- An additional feature in Mailchimp is Automations. Please use the Mailchimp help center to learn more about creating automations.
Client Data Field LimitsMailchimp lets you use up to 30 client data fields as triggers. Pike13 automatically syncs nine common Pike13 client data fields (email address (not counted towards limit), first and last name, birthdate, first and last visit, date joined, member, hidden, and location). You can select 21 additional custom client data fields.
Obtain an API key from Mailchimp and add it to Pike13
Now you can connect your Mailchimp audience and campaigns with Pike13 by adding your Mailchimp API key.
- To get the API key in Mailchimp, click your initial at the bottom of the page.
- Select Account.
- Choose Extras at the top and then click API Keys from the menu.
- On the API Keys page, click Create A Client Key.
- Select your Pike13 audience, add a label (name) for your key and an email that mailchimp can contact.
- Click Create Key or click on the box to generate your client key and agree to Mailchimp's Terms and Conditions.
- Copy the alphanumeric code for Your Key.
- To add the API key into Pike13, do one of the following:
- In your Pike13 business, go to Settings - Apps & Add Ons - Mailchimp.
- You can also access it through Settings - Advanced Settings. Scroll down the right menu to Email Marketing and select Mailchimp.
Connecting new Mailchimp Audiences
Your Mailchimp audiences appear above Client Data Settings. To see any Audiences that you've added subsequently, click Reload.