Who can use this feature?
Plans allow you to limit the number of visits per time period covered by the plan or set an unlimited number of visits per time period. With recurring plans, clients pay the same price each month or every designated number of weeks. For example, you can create a monthly recurring plan that gives a client 5 visits a month and clients automatically pay $100 every month.
When selling a plan, Pike13 allows you to change the price, the number of visits, rollover visits allowed (only for plans that are not unlimited), the start date, and the payment date at the time of sale.
In this article
Recurring Plan Payments
Payments for recurring plans are usually scheduled and often automatic. Subsequent bills in a recurring plan either bill automatically or trigger notifications to clients about the need to pay three days before the bill date.
If a bill for a monthly plan is not paid, the monthly plan remains active because Pike13 assumes that the client is still a member and continues using the business’s services. The client receives notification if a monthly automatic payment fails, as do business owners so they can coordinate with the client to make payment or cancel the plan. At check in for any service, staff can also quickly see which clients have bills that are past due.
Visit restrictions and prorating
In Pike13 you can create plans that allow your clients unlimited access to your classes. You can also create plans with visit restrictions. Ex: two visits per week or 12 visits per month.
Pike13 uses the billing date for any plans with monthly or designated number of weeks as the refresh date. Weekly restrictions follow a calendar week - Sunday through Saturday.
- "n visits per week" plans charged monthly or a designated number of weeks provide the specified number of visits from each Sunday through Saturday.
- "n visits per month" plans are charged monthly and provide the specified number of visits between the billing dates.
Location of sale
If your business has multiple locations, the plan or pass is shown in your reports as Sold At a location as follows:
If the plan or pass is sold to cover a specific visit during sign-in for a class or appointment, the location of that visit sets the location of sale.
If the plan or pass isn’t sold during sign-in for a specific visit, the location of sale is set to the default location in the client's profile.
If the client's location isn’t set and the plan or pass isn’t sold during sign-in for a specific visit, the location of sale defaults to the first listed location for the business.
You can change the default location of sale on the Billing Information page during checkout.
Selling a Recurring Plan
- Go to Clients
- Find the client you want to sell the plan to and select New Purchase in their profile
- Choose the plan your client wants
- If the client manages other clients, choose who will use this plan and Add to Cart
- Make the following adjustments to the plan by selecting the Modify icon
- Change the first payment due date from today or on the plan's start date if it is different from today
- If a signup fee applies to this plan you can collect it today or on the plan’s start date if it is different from today
- Change the second payment due date to accommodate your client's payment schedule
- Determine whether payments will be made automatically or manually
- Add a discount and apply it to all payments or this payment only (you can discount the signup fee too)
- To let the client cancel without an early cancellation fee, click No Requirements
- To require a minimum number of payments (whether full or partial), click the second option and enter the number of payments that you require
- To let the client use an unlimited amount of visits each month, under Is there a limit to how often clients can use this?, select No
- To add a visit usage restriction, under Is there a limit to how often clients can use this?, choose Yes, and then enter the number of visits you want to limit the client to each week or month
- To change options for rolling visits over from one period to the next on plans with limited visits per time period, select that unused visits can be used in the following week or month and the maximum number of them that can roll over.
- Click Save
- Select Secure Checkout
If your client has a coupon code for the purchase, under TOTAL click Enter coupon code, enter the code, and then click Apply
On the Check Out & Confirm page, click Choose a payment method, and then choose a payment option. If you need to enter a credit card, choose Enter new payment method from the drop down list.
Do one of the following:
- To make a full payment, check that the full payment amount is correct, specify who should receive a sales commission, the location of sale, and whether to email the client a receipt, and then click Finish
- To make a partial payment, enter an amount that is less than the total, specify who should receive a sales commission, the location of sale, and whether to email the client a receipt, and then click Make Partial Payment
- To split a payment between payment methods, enter an amount that is less than the total, specify who should receive a sales commission, the location of sale, and whether to email the client a receipt, click + Add another payment, choose the second payment method, and then click Finish