Who can use this feature?
Sometimes called auto-drafts and bank drafts, Automated Clearing House (ACH) provides a means for taking electronic payments directly from a bank account.
When ACH payment processing is active, any staff member can store clients' bank account information securely so you don't need to re-enter it for each purchase. Clients can't enter their own bank account info in their client profile—only staff can do this on the staff website in the client's profile.
In this article
Apply for ACH payment processing
To accept ACH payments, please reach out directly to your merchant processor. Your merchant processor will be able to advise you on rates and how to add ACH payments to your current merchant account.
Confirm that you can accept ACH payments
- At the top of any page on your Pike13 staff site, click Settings then select Advanced Settings.
- In the right menu choose Accepted Payments, and then check that ACH is listed with a green checkbox.
- If you see ACH with a green checkmark, ACH payment processing is turned on.
- If you have applied to accept ACH payments through your merchant processor and do not see the green check mark, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manually enter a client's ACH info
- In a person's client profile, click on Payment Methods
- Select Add New Bank Account.
- Enter Bank Name, Account Number, and Routing Number, choose the Account Type, and then click Save.
For customers in Canada, please add in the Institution Number (3 digits) plus the Branch Number (5 digits) for the Transit/Account Number.
Processing ACH Payments
Once an ACH payment is processed the status of the invoice is immediately moved to closed. If the ACH payment fails the invoice will be reopened. In rare occasions, the invoice may already be cancelled when the payment fails. In this case, the invoice cannot be reopened and will remain cancelled.