Who can use this feature?
As a Pike13 business owner, you can choose to let clients make payments using PayPal whether or not you have a merchant account integrated with Pike13. That said, PayPal isn’t equivalent to an integrated merchant account because you and your staff can’t charge a client’s PayPal account directly—clients have to complete the purchase in their own PayPal account.
Only your clients—not you or your staff—can use PayPal while signed in to their accounts in your Pike13 business for:
- Making individual payments on your Pike13 website
- Purchasing services and merchandise from the point of sale
When clients make purchases, they’re redirected to PayPal to provide their payment information and then back to Pike13 to confirm the purchase.
Unlike credit card payments through a merchant processor, PayPal doesn’t allow automatic payments in Pike13. Instead, Pike13 notifies your clients that their monthly payment is due, and they need to sign in to your Pike13 website and select to pay their bill each month through PayPal.
Add PayPal integration to your Pike13 business
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Settings then click Advanced Settings
- In the right hand menu click Accepted Payments
- Click on the PayPal Integration tab
- If you don’t have a PayPal business account, click the link to sign up for one.
- When you have a PayPal business account, click the link to sign in to PayPal, sign in, and then authorize Pike13 as a third-party application.
- Once Pike13 is authorized, you will be redirected back to Pike13 and PayPal will be added immediately as a payment option on your Pike13 website.