Who can use this feature?
You can change any part of a pass after you've created it including the name of the pass, its description, its pricing, the length of time before it expires, its tax exemption, where it can be used, who can buy it, and what it can buy.
Most changes you make to a pass will not impact the passes previously sold. For clients who have already purchased this pass, the name, price, number of visits will stay the same. If you do add or remove applicable services, the new services will update in your previously sold passes.
Modify an existing pass
- At the top of any Pike13 page, Select Settings
- Click on Passes
- Select the pass you want to modify, and then do any of the following:
- To change the name, description, or services it can buy:
Under Basic Info choose Edit next to the item you want to change, make the changes you want, and then click Save
- To change the price or number of visits, length of time before expiration, tax exemption or revenue category:
Under Pricing choose Edit next to the item you want to change, make the changes you want, and click Save.
- To change a group rate or the size of the group that the rate applies to:
Under Group pricing choose Edit, make the changes you want and click Save
- To change who can buy it and whether clients who buy it are considered members, the locations where it can be used:
Under Policies select Edit next to the item you want to change, make the changes you want, and click Save
- To add, change, or remove the terms and conditions, under Policies click on the Edit button for Terms and conditions. Under Terms and conditions enter or change the text that describes your terms and conditions, choose whether clients must accept the terms and, if so, how and when they accept them, and then click Save.
Single Visit Pass included in Services.
You can't change the service covered by a single-visit pass that was created automatically when you created a class or appointment.