Who can use this feature?
✓ Primary Owner
✗ Limited Staff
Pike13 lets you create additional fields so you can collect pertinent information to your business. These custom fields can be required, optional, or hidden and you can specify who can see the fields and the information collected.
Create a Custom Staff Field
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings
- Select Custom Staff Fields under Client Signup
- Click + Add Field
- Choose if you wish to use an existing field or create a new one?
- Use an existing field
- If you wish to have a custom field for clients also be filled out by staff, you can choose to use an existing field. Once the field has been chosen, you will be prompted to configure this field for staff members.
- Create a new staff field
- Select Create New Field
- Add Custom field name
- Enter a description of the field to staff, if needed
- Which answer options do you want to offer?
- Your choices are:
- Freeform Text
- Date Only
- A list of choices that you define which also allows you to Let people choose multiple options
- Yes/No answers
- Choose whether staff members need to provide this information upon signing in under Is this field required when staff members claim their accounts?
- Determine whether this field is shown to all staff members, manager and owners only, or to no one under Is this field used in staff member profiles?
- Tell the system whether this should be a placeholder in online documents under Can this field be used when creating documents?
- If you want to use this field as one of the 30 merge tags in MailChimp for segmenting your client lists in targeted email campaigns, make sure the Sync this field to MailChimp checkbox is checked.
- Select Save