Who can use this feature?
- More information about Pike13 Plans and Roles
When you want to accept payments from clients by using payment methods that are not integrated with Pike13, like Square, you can add an external payment method in your Pike13 business. Any external payment method that you add appears as an option when staff are checking out a client just like cash, check, or credit card.
Pike13 treats any payment that you have accepted with an external payment method much like a cash transaction. That is, to track the transaction in your Pike13 business, you record the amount during checkout as well as a transaction number, if applicable.
Unlike credit card payments, which are integrated and automatically reported in your Pike13 business, external payment methods are a way of reporting payments that you take outside of your Pike13 business rather than of accepting them.
External payment methods don’t allow recurring payments, and only your staff can accept client payments using an external payment method—your clients can’t pay using one by themselves on your Pike13website.
Before you can use an external payment method during checkout, first add it as a payment option in your Pike13 business.
Adding an external payment method to your Pike13 business
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Settings, and then choose Advanced Settings.
- In the right menu under Checkout, click Accepted Payments.
- On the Accepted Payments page, select External Payment Systems, and then click + Add Payment Method.
- Enter the name of the external payment method (like “Square” or “Groupon”), choose whether to show a field for entering a transaction number for each use of this payment method during checkout, and then click + Create.
Pike13 will send out a reminder to clients that has a recurring payment due if their plan is not set up for automatic payment. This reminder is sent out 3 day before the bill is due. If staff are marking each recurring bill as paid for with an external payment method, clients will receive this notification 3 days prior to their bill being due. If you do not wish to have your clients receive this notification, you will need to either close the bill prior to the notification being sent or have your clients turn off this notification within their notification settings.