Who can use this feature?
- More information about Pike13 Plans and Roles
If your business is in a locale that requires that you charge sales tax when selling your produts, you can set the sales tax rate for all of your business locations together or separately, as needed. You can choose to leave the sales tax as a separate item or include the sales tax in the total price.
In this article
Adding sales tax
- At the top of any Pike13 page, Settings, select Advanced Settings, and in the right menu under Checkout, choose Sales Tax.
- To add a default tax rate, click + New Tax.
- On the Sales Tax page, enter a tax name and a tax rate, and then click Save.
- Under What types of products do you want to apply this tax to?, select all of the product types that you want to add sales tax to, then click Update.
- If your business has additional locations with a different local tax rate, from the drop-down box choose the location for which you want to apply the separate tax rate, click Add Location-specific Tax Rate, select the location, enter the local tax rate, and then click Save.
- To add a sales tax charge to your prices, on the Sales Tax page, click the Tax inclusive pricing checkbox to check it, and then click Update.
Removing sales tax from a pass or plan
- To remove sales tax form an individual product, go to Settings.
- Select Plans, Passes or Merchandise.
- Click on the product, you wish to not include the sales tax.
- Under Pricing, click Edit next to Price.
- Under Choose applicable taxes, unselect tax.
- Click Save.
Adding sales tax to the cancellation fee
- Click on Settings at the top of any page.
- Choose Services.
- Select the service you wish to include the tax.
- Click on the Cancellation tab.
- Choose to Edit the Cancellation fee.
- Under Choose applicable taxes, click on the box to apply sales tax to the cancellation fee.
- Click Save.
Enabling tax inclusive pricing
Enable tax inclusive pricing if you want Pike13 to charge your clients the price that is listed in your Store.
Ex. Suppose a pass costs $100 and is subject to a 10% sales tax. If tax inclusive pricing is set, Pike13 will collect $100 from your client, $90 for the pass and $10 for the sales tax.
If tax inclusive pricing is disabled then Pike13 will add the tax to the price of the pass. In this example, Pike13 would collect $110 from the client and report that $10 is the amount of sales tax that was collected.