Who can use this feature?
If your business is in a locale that requires that you charge sales tax when selling your produts, you can set the sales tax rate for all of your business locations together or separately, as needed. You can choose to leave the sales tax as a separate item or include the sales tax in the total price.
Adding / Adjusting the sales tax rate included in prices of your products
- At the top of any Pike13 page, Settings, select Advanced Settings, and in the right menu under Checkout, choose Sales Tax
- To add a default tax rate, click + New Tax.
- On the Sales Tax page, enter a tax name and a tax rate, and then click Save
- Under What types of products do you want to apply this tax to?, select all of the products that you want to add sales tax to, then click Update
- If your business has additional locations with a different local tax rate, from the drop-down box choose the location for which you want to apply the separate tax rate, click Add Location-specific Tax Rate, select the location, enter the local tax rate, and then click Save
- To add a sales tax charge to your prices, on the Sales Tax page, click the Tax inclusive pricing checkbox to check it, and then click Update
Enabling tax inclusive pricing
Enable tax inclusive pricing if you want Pike13 to charge your clients the price that is listed in your Store.
Ex. Suppose a pass costs $100 and is subject to a 10% sales tax. If tax inclusive pricing is set, Pike13 will collect $100 from your client, $90 for the pass and $10 for the sales tax.
If tax inclusive pricing is disabled then Pike13 will add the tax to the price of the pass. In this example, Pike13 would collect $110 from the client and report that $10 is the amount of sales tax that was collected.