Group Classes and Appointments are flexible and allow clients to pay for service over time. However, Courses require clients to pay the full price to enroll. If you would like to allow staff to enroll a client in a course and have the client make payments through a payment plan, we recommend that staff sell the course at a discounted price then sell a recurring plan that will run alongside the course enrollment.
Create the Payment Plan
- Click Settings, then click Plans.
- Click + New Plan, then click + New Recurring Plan.
- Name the plan "Payment Plan", enter the terms and conditions and click Next Step.
- Set the price per payment to $1. The price will be customized later.
- Set the billing cycle and choose payments are due on the day the plan starts.
- Ignore "Is there a limit to how often clients can use this?" This plan will not be used to pay for visits. Instead the plan will be used to collect payment for the course.
- Set "Who can buy this on your Pike13 website?" to No one (only staff members can sell it). This will hide it from the client side of your Pike13 site.
- Disable Plan Holds. Enabling this would allow clients or staff to place the payment plan on hold.
- Set "Does this plan have a payment commitment?" to Yes and set the commitment to 1 payment. The number of payments will be customized later.
- Then set "Stop billing after payment commitment is met?" to Yes.
- Set "Can clients cancel their plan online?" to No and click Save.
- Do not select any services when asked "What services can this buy?" and click Save.
Sell the Course Enrollment and Payment Plan
- Click Store and use the search bar to find the course.
- Click the course name and use the search bar to find the client and click Finish. If the client is not in Pike13, click Create a New Client.
- In the shopping cart, click the gear icon next to the course name.
- Click Edit next to Pricing and reduce the price to $0.
- Click Back to Shopping Cart, then click + Add More Items.
- Use the search bar to find the payment plan.
- Click the payment plan name to add it to the shopping cart.
- Click the gear icon next to the payment plan.
- Click Edit next to Pricing and set the price to the amount of the first payment. Then click Save.
- Click Edit next to Required number of payments and set the number of payments you plan to collect over the duration of the payment plan. For example, if the course enrollment price is $500 and the client is able to pay $100 today, set this number to 5.
- Click Save, then click Back to the Shopping Cart.
- Finally, click Secure Checkout to complete the transaction.
Pike13 Pro Tip:
We recommend increasing the enrollment price when a payment plan is used. This will incentivize your clients to pay the full amount and you can earn some additional revenue from clients who decide to pay over time.