Sometimes a client’s pass or plan is no longer available in their Pike13 account, even though it contains unused visits. The simplest way to help them redeem the visits they’re due is to import an existing pass or plan that the client has already paid for and add it to the client’s account, replacing the one that is no longer available. Importing a pass or plan usually has little impact on the client or reporting.
Owners and managers of Pike13 businesses can import passes and plans as well as set an imported plan’s or pass’s membership start date before the first payment date, allowing a member to begin using the plan or pass without having to pay.
In this article
Pike13 businesses import an existing pass or plan to resolve many issues with clients’ accounts, including:
- Adding passes and plans to a client’s account that they previously owned before your business started using Pike13
- Replacing an incorrectly configured plan after purchase, like one that doesn’t qualify for membership
- Replacing an accidentally canceled plan
- Adding comped passes or plans that aren’t meant to show up as transactions in reporting
- Replacing a pass that has an incorrect expiration date
- Replacing a client’s plan with a different plan in the future
Sometimes selling a new pass or plan rather than importing one is the better option. A couple of examples:
- The monthly plan available for importing has a signup fee that needs to be charged.
- Only a staff member (without Pike13 permission to import passes and plans) is available.
In reports, an imported pass or plan doesn’t show up as a transaction because Pike13 reporting assumes that the original payment for the imported pass or plan was already collected. But your Pike13 reports list as canceled any misconfigured passes or plans that you replace.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Clients.
- Choose the client for whom you want to add or replace a pass or plan.
- On the client’s dashboard under Advanced actions, tap Import Existing Plan or Pass.
- Choose the pass or plan from the list.
- Customize the pass or plan, as needed. Specifications you can customize include:
Original start date
Next payment date
Last date pass/plan can be used
Original visit count (for passes)
Remaining visit count (for passes)
Autopay? (turn on only if payment is made with a credit card or ACH)
How often can clients use this?
Where was this purchased?
- In the client’s profile, check that the imported and canceled plans are correct by tapping Manage Plans & Passes and tapping the inactive, active and upcoming tabs.
- If you’ll discount the imported pass or plan for the client in the client’s profile and want it to show as discounted in your Pike13 business’s financial reports, tap Manage Plans & Passes, choose the plan, tap the Bills tab, and then add the discount to the bills. Adjusting the price during import doesn’t report the discount, which is more appropriate when the client is grandfathered to pay a lower price and has always paid that.