Who can use this feature?
Owners and managers of Pike13 businesses can import passes and plans to a client's profile. Importing a pass or plan does not generate an initial bill. During importing, you will be able to set a price, plan or pass start date, first payment date for a recurring plan and remaining visits etc. Importing a pass or plan usually has little impact on the client or reporting.
In this article
- When to import a pass or plan and when not to
- How imported passes and plans affect reporting
- Import a pass or plan
When to import a pass or plan and when not to
Pike13 businesses import an existing pass or plan to resolve many issues with clients’ accounts, including:
- Adding passes and plans to a client’s account that they previously owned before your business started using Pike13
- Replacing an incorrectly configured plan after purchase, like one that doesn’t qualify for membership
- Replacing an accidentally canceled plan
- Adding comped passes or plans that aren’t meant to show up as transactions in reporting
- Replacing a pass that has an incorrect expiration date
- Replacing a client’s plan with a different plan in the future
Sometimes selling a new pass or plan rather than importing one is the better option. A couple of examples:
- The monthly plan available for importing has a signup fee that needs to be charged.
- Only a staff member (without Pike13 permission to import passes and plans) is available.
How imported passes and plans affect reporting
In reports, an imported pass or plan doesn’t show up as a transaction because Pike13 reporting assumes that the original payment for the imported pass or plan was already collected. But your Pike13 reports list as canceled any misconfigured passes or plans that you replace.
Import a pass or plan
- At the top of any Pike13 page, click Clients.
- Choose the client for whom you want to add or replace a pass or plan.
- On the client’s dashboard under Advanced actions, select Import Existing Plan or Pass.
- Choose the pass or plan from the list.
- Customize the pass or plan, as needed. Specifications you can customize include:
Original start date
Next payment date
Last date pass/plan can be used
Original visit count (for passes)
Remaining visit count (for passes)
Autopay? (turn on only if payment is made with a credit card or ACH)
How often can clients use this?
Where was this purchased?
Review imported pass or plan
In the client’s profile, check that the imported and canceled plans are correct by clicking Manage Plans & Passes and clicking the inactive, active and upcoming tabs.
If you’ll discount the imported pass or plan for the client in the client’s profile and want it to show as discounted in your Pike13 business’s financial reports, click Manage Plans & Passes, choose the plan, click the Bills tab, and then add the discount to the bills. Adjusting the price during import doesn’t report the discount, which is more appropriate when the client is grandfathered to pay a lower price and has always paid that.