Taking and confirming attendance is important to your business for several reasons:
- It deducts the accurate amount of visits from clients' passes and plans for use in your services.
- It ensures that client profiles show their correct visit history, which is important for prerequisites and progressive learning.
- It keeps the visit counts accurate in your Pike13 business reports.
- If using the payroll functionality, it provides accurate payroll information and ensures staff are paid correctly.
Taking attendance in Pike13 requires two actions of the instructor, each of which has multiple effects for your staff, payroll, and business:
- Confirm each client's attendance
- Shows that the client has completed a visit in their full visit history in their client profile (in Past Visits)
- Shows that the client has completed a visit in the client's plan or pass (on the Visits tab of the plan, or pass)
- Pays the instructor for visits marked as complete, late canceled, or No Show, based on any tiered bonuses or head count pay that is included in the pay rate
- Keeps visit counts accurate in your Pike13 reports
- Confirm the roster of attendees
- Records the roster in payroll so that each instructor is paid based on their individual pay rate in your set pay periods when you run payroll
- Locks in pay rates based on confirmed attendance for the service
Tip Change locked-in pay rates by deleting the pay period, resetting attendance for individual clients, charging for any No Shows or cancellations, making any necessary adjustments, and then adding the pay period back and running payroll again.
If clients haven't checked themselves in to a class or course that they've enrolled in, purchased in advance, or signed in at the Client Kiosk for, the instructor needs to confirm each client's attendance. If clients have checked themselves in already, the instructor only needs to confirm the roster of attendees. As part of taking attendance, the instructor can see which clients have unpaid bills, failed payments, incorrect email addresses (or emails that have bounced), or unsigned waivers, and the staff member can reconcile the accounts if they choose.
Take attendance in a class or course
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Schedule, and then tap the class that you want to check clients into.
- On the class page, tap Choose Clients to Sign In, and then tap the names of each of the clients you want to check in.
On the Choose Clients page, regularly attending clients are listed separately from those already signed in and all other clients. To find any name quickly, enter the name in the search box.
- When you're finished choosing all the client names you want, tap the Confirm Client Attendance button.
Tip Return to the Choose Clients page to check in more clients by tapping the Add button at upper right on a smartphone, or tapping Choose Clients to Sign In on a computer or tablet.
- On the class page, clients who are on the roster but not yet confirmed are listed as Enrolled above those listed as Unpaid, and both of these groups are listed above those who have paid, listed as Complete. Do any of the following:
- To change the confirmed attendance status of a client who is enrolled but unpaid so you can choose to mark them as a No Show or not charge them, tap the More Options button , and then tap Reset Attendance.
- To reconcile unpaid accounts by selling a plan or pass for a class or appointment (or another payment method for a course), tap the
- More Options button , and then Charge for this visit. Select the pass or plan and proceed through checkout.
- To confirm the client’s attendance but deduct the visit from a different plan or pass than the one they chose, tap the More Options button , and then tap Confirm [client’s name]’s attendance using a different pass or plan.
- To mark a client absent, tap the More Options button , and then tap No Show.
Tip Marking a client absent doesn't automatically apply the cost of the class nor a cancellation fee to the client's account. You must do that separately by again tapping the More Options button , tapping Charge for No Show, and then choosing a cancellation fee or a charge for a class. Doing this also credits the instructor's pay for that attendee.
- To remove a client from the class roster, tap the More Options button , tap Remove [Name] from the roster, and then tap OK.
- To have a client accept their terms and conditions, tap the notification telling how many enrollees haven’t accepted the terms and conditions to identify them, tap the gear button for each client who needs to accept the terms and conditions, tap Accept terms and conditions for [name of pass or plan], and then on the Accept terms and conditions page, tap the appropriate acceptance option.
Tip Check in latecomers by tapping Choose Clients to Sign In again.
**Please see attached walk-through guide below.