If you are on the Pike13 Pro Plan, you can use MailChimp with your Pike13 business.
In this article
Note MailChimp has updated their terminology, Lists are now called Audiences.
MailChimp integrates with your Pike13 business to manage your email campaigns. MailChimp uses your list of subscribers and a range of email templates for a set of events that you choose (like a new membership). Each time one of these events occurs, it triggers an "automation" or automatic mailing to one or multiple members of the list, as defined by the triggering event. For example, you might create an automation that sends a welcome email to any new member an hour after they're added to your member list. Create it once and don't worry about it again—it just happens.
You can import your list of subscribing clients into MailChimp, which lets you create:
- One subscriber list with no groups or segments
- One list with multiple groups
- Multiple lists
Like MailChimp, we recommend that you create one list of all your subscribers and then divide it into groups based on their interests. For more information, review the articles in MailChimp: Add groups to a list and Getting started with segments. You will want to use their help center for any questions related to MailChimp functionality.
Pike13 connects to MailChimp through an API key from MailChimp, but you first need to have a MailChimp account and create a subscriber list.
- Log in to MailChimp or create an account if you don't have one. You can do this through https://login.mailchimp.com/signup.
- In MailChimp, create a subscriber list. You can import your subscribers into the list and create groups now or later.
- An additional feature in MailChimp is Automations. Please use the MailChimp help center to learn more about creating automations.
Note MailChimp lets you use up to 30 client data fields as triggers: nine common Pike13 client data fields (email address (not counted towards limit), first and last name, birthdate, first and last visit, date joined, member, hidden, and location) that are automatically synced and 21 custom client data fields that you choose.
Now you can connect your MailChimp list and campaigns with Pike13 using theMailChimp API key.
- To get the API key in MailChimp, click your name, click Account, click Extras, and then tap API Keys.
- On the API Keys page, click Create a Key, and then select and copy the alphanumeric code in the API Key column.
- To add the API key into Pike13, do one of the following:
- In your Pike13 business, go to Settings - Apps & Add Ons - MailChimp.
- You can also access it through Settings - Advanced Settings. Scroll down the right menu to Email Marketing and select MailChimp.
Note Your subscriber lists appear below Your Lists. To see any lists that you've added subsequently, click Reload.
Please see attached walk-through guide for step-by-step instructions with screen shots.