New Reporting gives you a powerful set of tools for getting very specific answers to the questions you have about your business. Use these reports to customize a view of business data for your individual needs and progressively refine the data until you get the answer that will help you determine what actions to take.
Each report gives you one or more summaries of the relevant data, as well as a separate view of the details that the Summary derives from. You can refine a Details view by using filters on any number of columns. Summaries update dynamically based on the refinements you make to the details.
Anyone with owner permissions can see, filter, and export any financial and payroll reports for your Pike13 business. Both owners and managers have permission to see, filter, and export visitor and membership reports as well, and can give a staff member access to reports.
For now, your Pike13 reports are categorized in three groups: Financial, Clients & Staff, and Favorite reports, with more report categories planned. You can save the settings for any report with a unique name so that you can get the answer to the same question about your business with updated data at any time, and you can share the link to a favorite report with anyone who has permission to see the report data.
Please allow up to 60 minutes for updates to appear in New Reporting.
In this article
Here are the reports in each category and the kinds of questions that you can answer with each report.
Clients & Staff
- Clients Complete details about the people you serve—from tenure and unpaid bills to birthdays, email addresses, and passes held
- Who are your most valuable clients, and how much money have they brought in the door?
- When did they last visit? Are there any you need to re-engage?
- Which clients have unpaid bills?
- Client Passes & Plans Comprehensive data about the passes and plans purchased by each client.
- Which plans are the most popular, and which grant membership?
- How many visits were used and how many remain for a plan?
- Does the plan have a minimum commitment and has it been met?
- Enrollments Data about visit history, behavior, and trends
- What are your most popular days, times, and services?
- What’s the most appropriate price for a pass, given the services clients typically use it for?
- Which services are most valuable?
- Which services have the most clients on a waitlist?
- Schedule Information on all the scheduled services - past, present and future.
- Which services and staff are the most popular?
- Are there clients left waiting on the waitlist?
- Which services have visits that are still unpaid?
- Staff Members Complete details about the staff at your business—including contact information, tenure, and number of upcoming events.
- Which staff still are confirming attendance for events?
- How long have they been working at the business?
- Who is also a client at the business?
Financials (restricted to owners and staff allowed access)
- Invoices Summaries of your billings, their status, and all your revenue
- What is the total amount of refunds or discounts you've given?
- How much money do you owe in unpaid invoices?
- How much have you collected in taxes?
- Invoice Items Everything you’ve sold and billed in closed and paid invoices
- What discounts do staff offer and to whom?
- How much money have you made in each revenue category?
- How many unique memberships did you sell last year?
- Payroll Details of staff pay, pay rates, hours, and services
- How many hours has your staff worked this past month?
- How much have you paid in labor for personal training sessions this quarter?
- What are your labor costs for each service category?
- Transactions Complete data about the money moving through your business
- How much money have I taken in? When? Where? By whom?
- How many transactions have settled? How many were canceled? How many are still open?
- What is the state of all transactions?
- Transactions by Invoice Items Item-level details of the money moving through your business.
- How much money comes from each product or product type?
- What is the breakdown of transactions by each revenue category?
Favorites (shareable with anyone who has permission to see the data)
Any reports that you customize with filters and other settings and save as a favorite
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Analytics & Reporting , and then tap New Reporting.
- In the right menu, tap a report category, and then tap the report that you want.
- To see an available summary organized by a meaningful facet, under Column set choose the preselected set of related columns that will show the data that interests you, and then under Group by choose how you want the data organized.
- To move around the report, do any of the following:
- To see more rows, scroll down and, at the bottom of the page, tap Load more.
- To see more columns, drag the chart data to the left or right.
To see the data totals again, tap Summary.
Hidden columns don’t appear in the associated Summary view.
Tip Filter for empty fields by entering <blank> in the text box.
Each report type has a set of pre-defiend views that can provide quick insights into your business. They are also good examples of how tailored reports can be created by filtering, ordering, and grouping the underlying data.
Quick views can be used as a starting point for creating the meaningful reports that fit your business needs and then favorited for future use.
You can save and use your customized settings for any report, including filters, by saving it as a Favorite. Because saved Favorites are unique to each person, only you can see your Favorites unless you send a link for one to someone who has permission to see the data. When you reuse the settings, the report will use current data (not the data shown when you saved the settings).
- Tap Favorites.
- Make sure Save a new one is checked, tap Next, enter a name and a description for the report settings, and then tap Save.
- To work with saved favorites, do any of the following:
- Open a report that you’ve saved as a favorite Tap Favorites, and then tap the name of the report.
The report shows current data in the filtered columns that you’ve set.
- Delete a favorite report Tap Favorites, and then for the favorite that you want to remove, tap .
If your favorites are not working due to a data change ...
- All favorites are a saved URL. While we update new reporting there is a chance that a favorite could break. If this happens, take a look at the URL.
- For example; in the following URL the filters are
- Commission Recipient = contains 's'
- Failed Payment = Yes (true)
- Status = open
- You can adjust the filters and re-save the report as a favorite
- In the report, tap Export.
- Choose whether you want the data in an Excel or comma-separated file, and then tap Export.
When your exported file is ready for download, you’ll receive an email with a link, but because data updates are dynamic the data at the time of export might be more up-to-date than the data you see on the screen.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Staff, and then tap the name of the staff member you want to whom you want to give reporting access.
- In the right menu of their staff profile under Advanced Actions, tap Allow Reporting Access.
The staff member can see client reports but not financial reports.
Tip Remove a staff member's access to your reports by tapping Revoke Reporting Access under Advanced Actions in the right menu of their staff profile.