If you're on the Pike13 Pro Plan, you can run payroll in Pike13. Before you run payroll, make sure that:
- A pay rate has been assigned to each staff member
- Attendance for each session has been confirmed (that is, they appear gray on the Schedule page)
Review and approve irregular payroll items, and then assign to a pay period any approved items that haven't yet been added to a pay period.
In this article
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Staff.
- Any irregular payroll items ready for review are listed in the right menu. In the right menu, tap the menu item to see a list of pending items.
- To see details about a pending item, reject the item, or reply to the staff member requesting it, tap the name of the item.
- To approve a pending item, tap Approve.
To list all approved items that haven't yet been added to a pay period, tap New Pay Records.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Staff.
- Do one of the following:
- On a desktop computer, in the right menu click Run Payroll Now.
- On a mobile device, tap More Info, and then tap Run Payroll.
- Tap Choose Pay Period Dates.
- Pick start and end dates.
- To save this pay period, tap Finish.
- To start over, tap Delete.
Doing so won't delete the payroll items.
Tip Export a file of a payroll report by tapping Download CSV.
Sometimes you run payroll and set the pay period but then find that a pay rate for a staff member isn’t included. Here are a few tips for identifying and fixing the problem.
For each scenario, you’ll need to:
- Delete the pay period by tapping the pay period date range and then tapping Delete.
- Reset attendance on the roster of the events that aren’t included in the staff pay.
- Confirm attendance.
- Rerun payroll and create the new pay period.
Check if a pay rate has been added for the service in question and assigned to the specific staff member
- Tap Settings, and then tap Services.
- Tap the service, tap Pay Rates, and then do one of the following:
If the service has no pay rates associated with it, tap + New Pay Rate and create a pay rate.
If a pay rate has been created for this service and free visits don’t count toward pay (that is, if a client uses a complimentary or free plan, and you have set free visits to not count toward pay but want your staff to be paid), tap the pay rate’s Settings button, tap the Bonus rules Edit button, tap to check Free visits count toward bonuses, and then tap Save.
Confirm that the staff member has been assigned that pay rate.
If you’ve identified either of these to be the issue, adjust as necessary, and then delete the pay period.
To delete a pay period, tap Staff, tap Run payroll, tap the pay period you ran, and then tap Delete.
After deleting the pay period, go into the event rosters on the calendar and reset attendance, and then reconfirm attendance for each client so the new rules apply.
To reset attendance, tap the gear button for each client’s name.
To make sure that your changes are included, tap Recalculate Pending Pay.
Tap Run Payroll Now.
The pay rates will now be included.
Check if attendance has been confirmed
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Schedule, and then scroll back to the dates you need to check.
If the event on the schedule is grayed out, attendance has been confirmed. You can also tap the event and check if the roster has any unresolved items that affect headcount pay, like unpaid visits.
- Check for No Shows or canceled visits that your staff hasn’t been paid for by tapping the gear button in the roster, and then either deduct a visit from a pass or plan or charge a fee.
- If you find that the problem was attendance confirmation or completely marking the No-show or canceled visits, be sure you first delete the pay period.
Note For help marking No-Show and canceled visits, see Take attendance in a class or course.
To delete a pay period, tap Staff, tap Run Payroll Now, tap the pay period you ran, and then tap Delete.
- Confirm attendance for the events that weren’t completed.
- To make sure that your changes are included, tap Recalculate Pending Pay.
- Tap Run Payroll Now, and create the new pay period when prompted.
Check that pending pay items have been approved
To include pending pay items in the pay period, be sure to approve them before setting pay period dates and running payroll. As an owner, you’ll see pending pay items in two places:
- See pending pay items yet to be approved at the bottom of a staff member’s dashboard. You can approve or reject any pending pay items.
- When you run payroll, any remaining pending pay items are listed in the upper right corner.
More issues you might run into:
- You have instructors who’ve traded places but don’t yet have a pay rate added.
- You’ve added a new instructor with no pay rate assigned.
- Attendance was confirmed but not every client was confirmed on the roster causing a discrepancy in bonus headcount pay.