After the Pike13 team tells you that your client data has been imported from your former client management system and added to your Pike13 business, it’s a good idea to check that it’s correct before actually using it in Pike13 with your clients.
For example, if you have any clients who are new since the start of client data migration, you need to add them as well as remove duplicate clients, specify which clients manage other clients, check that all your automatic billings are set correctly, and then email your clients to get them started using your Pike13 business.
It’s also a good idea to keep your other client management software for one more month so you can make sure you have all the data you need before canceling it. Run these reports in the client management software that you’re leaving and save the data in them for your records before canceling your subscription:
- Year-to-date revenue
- Year-to-date sales tax
- Any cost of goods sold
- Payroll reports
- Add clients who started after the start of client data migration
You’re likely to have at least a few new clients who sign up at your business after client data migration kicked off. That means their names won’t be included in the migration, so you’ll need to add them manually. Track their names so that you can add them individually and import their existing passes and plans.
For details, see Importing an existing pass or plan
- Remove duplicate client profiles
- Check the list of all your clients: tap Analytics and Reporting, tap New Reporting, tap the Clients folder, tap the Clients report, and then tap the Details button.
- To find duplicates, export the client details by clicking the Export button and then importing the data into your spreadsheet of choice to sort and find duplicate client names.
- Next merge any client profiles that you've identified as duplicates.
See Merging client profiles for more information.
- Set up account manager and dependent relationships
If you let one person (an account manager) pay for their dependents or family members and manage their schedules, set up the dependent relationships and then set the dependent's passes and plans to be paid by the account manager.
Tip Manage these easily in the Clients report in New Reporting.
For more info, see Creating an account manager and dependent relationship
- Review and fix automatic payments
- Make sure all your scheduled automatic payments were imported correctly and compare the revenue you expected to make in your other client management software with the revenue you expect to make in the next round of billing in Pike13.
- Check to see whom you need to collect credit cards from, especially if you didn’t import client credit card info. You can check who has yet to enter their credit card information into Pike13 and find out whom you need to collect credit card numbers from (and how many bills are likely to fail when you bill them). To see your upcoming automatic payments, do this:
- In your Pike13 business, tap Analytics and Reporting, tap New Reporting, tap the Financials folder, tap the Invoices report, and then tap the Details button.
- Set the filter to Due Date after Today to show only future invoices and tap the Finish button.
- Click the Due Date column to sort each invoice by the day it is due.
- Review the dollar value of automatic payments for each day where auto-payments are scheduled. Scroll down to see the individual client names that will be billed on each day.
Tip If a client has someone else paying for their membership make sure to set the dependent relationship and assign someone else as the payer.
- Welcome your clients with an email
Here’s an email template you can edit and modify and send to your clients to explain how they can accept their account at your business. We recommend sending this email out using MailChimp.
See Using MailChimp for email marketing from your Pike13
Dear <ENTER BUSINESS NAME> client,
We're upgrading our business systems to a client management system called Pike13. This includes our website and the online tools that are available for you to manage your schedule at <ENTER BUSINESS NAME>. With Pike13 you can sign in to see your account details, update credit card information, sign our electronic waiver, and manage how you want to be notified about appointments, classes, courses, and events.
Please sign in to your account at: <ENTER PIKE13 URL>/welcome
When you’re signed in please add your billing information and sign our electronic waiver.
Add your billing information
- Tap Payment Methods.
- Tap + Add New Card.
- Add your billing information, and then tap Save.
Sign our electronic waiver
- Tap the alert at the top of your dashboard, Complete a waiver before your next visit.
- Tap Sign now.
- Check your email inbox to find our waiver from DocuSign, open the email, and then tap the link to sign.
Tip Help us attach a face to your name! Upload a photo of yourself if you want.
We're excited about these changes—especially that the tools are mobile so you can check your schedule of services at <ENTER BUSINESS NAME> and manage your membership anywhere, anytime.
Please let us know how you like our new Pike13, and thank you!