Whether your business focuses on adults and children, adults only, or adults signing up their children, you can target client signup to the types of clients you serve.
You can also specify the client information that you require during signup. Common client info fields like email, phone, birthday, and address can be made optional, hidden, or required depending on whether clients sign up for themselves or on behalf of children, dependents, or team members.
After configuring signup, you can test it out and see what clients see without creating a fake client.
In this article
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, tap Advanced Settings, and then tap Client Signup.
- In the right menu, tap Settings, and then under What types of people sign up most at [your business]?, tap Edit.
- Choose the target audience that suits your business and your clients:
- People who manage themselves only People who sign up and pay for the services that they participate in themselves
- Non-clients who manage other clients People who sign up and pay for services on behalf of those participating in the services, like parents for their children
Tip If the people you serve are children, choose this option to avoid confusing parents and guardians when they sign up their children and pay for services.
- No single type of persons signs up most People who sign up are asked if they're signing up for themselves only, for someone else, or for both
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, tap Advanced Settings, tap Client Signup, and then under Contact information tap Edit.
- Under each type of contact information—email, phone, birthday, and address—tap Edit.
- Under Is this field required, optional, or hidden during client signup?, choose whether you need to require the information or hide the field, and then tap Update.
Tip Because each required field increases the time and effort your clients must invest in signing up, creating a potential barrier to entry, we recommend keeping the amount of information required of clients at signup to a minimum.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, tap Advanced Settings, tap Client Signup, and then tap Add Field.
- Follow instructions in Collecting custom info about clients or staff in custom data fields.
You can walk through the complete signup experience without worrying about creating a test account that you’ll have to deactivate later.
- At the bottom of the Client Signup Settings page, tap Try It Out.
- To return to the Client Signup page without saving your entries, tap Finish at the top of the page.