A welcome email is sent to each new client when triggered by any of four events:
- A staff member adds the client to your client list (unless the staff member opts not to send the welcome email).
- A staff member resends the welcome email (if the client has lost track of it or didn't receive it).
- The client signs up on your Pike13 website.
- A new client signs up using the New Client Kiosk app.
- Edit your welcome email by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Client Signup > Welcome Email.
- Send yourself a test welcome email by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Client Signup > Welcome Email, and then tapping Sent Test Email.
- Preview the welcome email by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Email Settings > Account Emails > Welcome to [your business name].
Sample welcome email
What might your welcome email say? Here's a simple example:
Welcome to our business!
We look forward to working with you.
Please don't hesitate to ask questions and give feedback along the way.
See you soon!
However you customize it, the welcome email ends with the following text, followed by a Go to Your Account button:
Your account is ready at [Your Business Name]. That's where you can sign up for services, see what's on your schedule, and manage your billing information and payments.
When clients click the Go to Your Account button and sign into your Pike13 website, they can update their profile information. When they sign in to your Pike13 website for the first time and haven't signed a waiver that you require before enrolling, your Pike13 website adds a notification on the page that the client needs to sign the waiver and provides a Sign Now button that sends the client an email with a link to the waiver.
Sending welcome emails to all clients after import
If you've imported your client list from another client management system, like MindBodyOnline or Zen Planner, or if you've imported a client list from a spreadsheet, you'll need to send a welcome email manually. We recommend that your welcome email explain clearly why clients are receiving this and what to expect. Below is an email template you can edit and modify and send to your clients to explain how they can claim their account at your business. We recommend sending this email to all clients via Mailchimp or Emma.
Here's a sample welcome email for cases like this:
Dear <ENTER BUSINESS NAME> client,
We're upgrading our business systems to a client management system called Pike13. This includes our website and the online tools that are available for you to manage your schedule at <ENTER BUSINESS NAME>. With Pike13 you can sign in to see your account details, update credit card information, sign our electronic waiver, and manage how you want to be notified about appointments, classes, courses, and events.
Please sign in to your account at: <ENTER PIKE13 URL>/welcome
When you’re signed in please add your billing information and sign our electronic waiver.
Add your billing information
- Tap Payment Methods.
- Tap + Add New Card.
- Add your billing information, and then tap Save.
Sign our electronic waiver
- Tap the alert at the top of your dashboard, Complete a waiver before your next visit.
- Tap Sign now.
- Check your email inbox to find our waiver from DocuSign, open the email, and then tap the link to sign.
Tip Help us attach a face to your name! Upload a photo of yourself if you want.
We're excited about these changes—especially that the tools are mobile so you can check your schedule of services at <ENTER BUSINESS NAME> and manage your membership anywhere, anytime.
Please let us know how you like our new Pike13, and thank you!