When setting up your Pike13 business, you decide which common client info fields are required of clients when they sign up with your business. That is, which information must clients provide at signup? Their email address is always required, but you can also require phone number, address, and birthday. You can change this requirement at any time. You can specify the information that you collect from either clients or staff at other times, too.
You also can add custom fields anytime for other info that you need to collect from clients or staff (or both), like a second phone number (home, mobile, business), emergency contact, health information, or shirt size. You can set any of these custom info fields as required at signup, and you can specify who can see the fields and the info they collect.
You can add any of these custom fields as placeholders in online documents, like waivers and contracts, that you create using DocuSign. But the data that clients enter in the finished online document isn't collected in their Pike13 client profiles—it remains only in the online document that they sign.
Create a custom client info field
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, tap Advanced Settings, and then in the right menu tap Custom Fields.
- On the Custom Fields tab, tap + New Custom Field.
- Under Custom field name, enter a title for the custom field.
- Under Why ask for this?, you can add a note that clients will see to explain why you need this information.
- Under Which answer options do you want to offer? choose the type of information that the field collects (freeform text, a date, a list of options that will appear in a dropdown list, or a yes or no answer).
- If you choose a Yes/No custom field type, plan to use it in Pike13 client profiles only. DocuSign documents allow freeform text entry for these custom fields and don't show Yes/No options.
- If you choose a list of choices that you define and want to let clients choose more than one option, make sure Let people choose multiple options is checked.
- If you choose a list of choices that you define, tap Add an option, and then enter the text of the first option. Do this for each of the options in the custom dropdown list.
- Parents, guardians, and managers who have accounts for themselves and their dependents (as well as those without dependents)
- Non-clients who have an account only for managing other clients, like dependents
- For clients who are managed by others only, like dependents
Tip Because each required field increases the time and effort your clients must invest in signing up, creating a potential barrier to entry, keep the amount of information required of clients at signup to a minimum.
Note When you choose to show the custom field in both client profiles and online documents, Yes/No answers entered in Pike13 are collected as client data in DocuSign.