Who can use this feature?
|| ✓ Business
|✓ Primary Owner
||✗ Limited Staff
Pike13 lets you create additional fields so you can collect pertinent information to your business. These custom fields can be required, optional, or hidden and you can specify who can see the fields and the information collected.
Custom fields can also be placeholders in online documents. However, if the data is entered when completing that document, it will only show in the document they sign; you will not find this in their client profile information.
Create a Custom Client Field
|Custom Client Fields Walk-Through Guide
- Go to Settings > Advanced Settings
- Select Custom Fields under Client Signup
- Click + New Custom Field
- Enter your title for the new custom field
- If necessary, you can add a note that clients will see to explain why you need this information under Why ask for this?
- Choose how you want to collect information for this question under Which answer options do you want to offer?
You will determine whether the field is required, optional, or hidden during client signup for each client type
Choose whether the field is shown in profiles to clients and staff members under Is this field used in client profiles?
Choose whether staff members need to provide this information upon signing in under Is this field required when staff members claim their accounts?
Determine whether this field is shown to all staff members, manager and owners only, or to no one under Is this field used in staff member profiles?
Tell the system whether this should be a placeholder in online documents under Can this field be used when creating documents?
If you want to use this field as one of the 30 merge tags in MailChimp for segmenting your client lists in targeted email campaigns, make sure the Sync this field to MailChimp checkbox is checked.
- Your choices are:
- Freeform Text
- Date Only
- A list of choices that you define which also allows you to Let people choose multiple options
- Yes/No answers