In this article
If your new staff member does not have a profile on your site as a client, follow the steps below:
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Staff, and then select + New Staff Member.
- If your business has more than one location, under Home location choose which location the new staff member will work in primarily.
- Enter their first/last name, email address, and any other info you want to include. If you do not have all of the information, you or the staff member can update their profile later.
- Choose the correct role for this staff member:
- Staff Member (default)
- Limited Staff Member *See the Staff Permission Guide to see what each role can do.
If one of your clients is now joining your team, you can use their existing profile. Follow the steps below.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Clients. Find the name of the client you want, and then click on the client's name.
- From the client's profile, select Make [Client] a Staff Member from the right hand menu under Advanced actions then select OK.
- If this person should be something other than a staff member, edit their staff profile to change their role.
Tip To use Pike13 as a client, a staff member can click on See What Clients See at the top of any Pike13 page.
Before revoking or deleting staff privileges, run payroll if applicable. Pending payroll items will disappear and you cannot run payroll for non-staff members.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Staff. Find and select the staff member you need to revoke staff privileges for.
- From the staff member's profile, do one of the following from in the right hand menu under Advanced actions:
- To remove the person from the staff list while keeping them a client, select Revoke Staff Privileges.
- To completely remove the staff member from your business, select Delete <Staff member name> Profile.
If a staff member is not also a client, it is recommended that you delete their profile. Revoking their staff privileges will make them a client; deleting their profile completely removes them from your Pike13 business.
The deleted staff member will not be able to see your staff website, nor will their name appear or be searchable in the staff list, but their historical data will be preserved in reporting. If you have deleted a staff member and need to add them again, you will have to create a new staff profile from scratch.
Both deleting a staff member and revoking staff privileges prompts you to remove them from services they are scheduled for. You can keep the service with no staff member assigned or reassign another staff member to it.