In many places, client transactions need to include terms and conditions. Even where not required, terms and conditions are useful for setting expectations, avoiding misinterpretation, and reducing your legal vulnerability in your interactions with your clients.
You can use terms and conditions to explain what the transaction involves, your role, and your client’s responsibilities, and to address the services provided, how the price is calculated, payment terms and methods, cancellations, and similar issues.
In Pike13, you can add terms and conditions to passes and plans and do so as you create the pass or plan. You can also add, remove, or change the terms and conditions for any existing pass or plan. If a client has bought a pass or plan and accepted its terms and conditions, any subsequent changes to the terms and conditions for that pass or plan don't change those that the client has accepted. The changes apply only to the terms and conditions for the passes and plans sold after the change.
In this article
For clients making a purchase directly on your Pike13 website you can either require clients to accept the terms and conditions before they complete the purchase or let them wait until sometime before using the pass or plan. When your staff helps clients make the purchase on your staff website, acceptance of the terms and conditions doesn’t delay the purchase.
You can also let clients accept terms and conditions either by clicking a checkbox or by electronic signature. If you want clients to accept the terms and conditions by electronic signature, you must have a DocuSign account associated with your Pike13 account. The DocuSign document is created automatically with the terms and conditions that you enter in the Pike13 text box and an electronic signature field that the client must tap to sign.
If clients must accept the terms and conditions before completing the purchase by themselves on your Pike13 website, they must check the checkbox or sign the electronic document before they check out.
When a staff member sells passes and plans to a client, the purchasing client completes the purchase and is notified separately—both in email and at the top of their dashboard under Important notices—that they need to accept terms and conditions. A View Terms and Conditions button in the email links the client to your website where the client can accept them.
- When creating a pass or creating a plan, on the Basic info tab under Terms and conditions enter the text that describes your terms and conditions.
The text you enter will appear in the DocuSign document or the terms and conditions webpage in your Pike13.
- Tap to check whether clients must accept the terms and, if so, how and when they accept them, and then tap Next Step to finish creating the pass or plan.
- At the top of any Pike13 page, tap Settings, and then tap Passes or Plans.
- Tap the name of the pass or plan that you want to modify, and then under Policies tap the Edit button for Terms and conditions.
- Under Terms and conditions enter or change the text that describes your terms and conditions.
- Tap to check whether clients must accept the terms and, if so, how and when they accept them, and then tap Save.
- In the class roster, tap the notification telling how many enrollees haven’t accepted the terms and conditions to see who they are.
- Tap the gear button for each client who needs to accept the terms and conditions, and then tap Accept terms and conditions for [name of pass or plan].
- On the Accept terms and conditions page, tap the appropriate acceptance option.
Tip Verify that a client signed the terms and conditions and its text in the client's dashboard by tapping the name of the plan or pass under Plans & Passes and then tapping the terms and conditions under Use policies.
- Under Important notices, tap Accept the terms and conditions for [name of item] before your next visit.
- Do one of the following:
- If checking a checkbox is required, tap to check the checkbox, and then tap Accept.
- If an electronic signature is required, tap Sign Now, tap Continue, tap Sign when prompted, and then tap Finish.