Who can use this feature?
- More information about Pike13 Plans and Roles
A course is a group-based service that is scheduled with a specific start and end date. Clients are required to pay the full enrollment fee in advance. Once the enrollment fee is paid, the client will be automatically enrolled in every event in the series. Courses cannot be paid for with a pass or plan and courses do not allow for drop-ins or makeups. Common uses include boot camps, camps, events, and workshops.
Example: Weekly Camp is scheduled Monday- Friday at 9am-3pm and clients must pay $250 to enroll in all 5 days.
Creating a new course service
- At the top of any Pike13 page, select Settings > Services
- Select + New Service, then + New Course Service
- Enter the course name, the price for the entire series, applicable taxes, revenue category, who can purchase the course online, and the service category. Select Finish.
- From here, you will be taken to a page to start building out the series. You can change the series name, add your start date, start and end time, what day(s) it is offered, the end date for that series, and special instructions for your clients (optional). You can also add in the instructor if you know who it is. When you are done, select Finish.
- Click on the Details tab to set the Course Capacity and make changes to the initial setup.
- Go to Registration to set who can enroll online, an enrollment window for registering online and add special instruction
- Select Cancellation to edit the text of the Cancellation Policy. Clients cannot cancel online. Only staff can remove a client from a course and refund the enrollment fee if necessary.
- To edit visibility and provide additional information, go to Website Settings. Here, you can adjust who can see the course, price, instructor, and remaining spaces. Provide additional information by adding a service summary and full description.
- Pro Subscription can add PayRates for staff who teach a course session.
Clients cannot enroll in or cancel part of a course
Courses work well if all clients must always enroll in the entire series and pay the entire fee upfront. Courses do not work well if you allow clients to make up a missed session, cancel one session, attend one session or part of the series, or purchase part of the series. If you do allow clients to makeup canceled sessions or enroll in individual sessions, you may wish to consider creating a class with bulk enrollment.
Clients cannot enroll in a Course in the Client or Branded App.
The Client App supports Classes and Appointments only. Courses will still need to be purchased from the desktop or mobile web browser.